Saturday, April 3, 2010

Married with psoriasis

Dear all,

Sorry for the long silence. It has been a tiring and taxing month of February with a new job and planning for the wedding. Somehow managed to go through the whole thing and now I can't believe it's all over!

I have stopped OLIVENOL for a while now. Not on purpose, just due to lack of time and initiative to go and get special priced stocks from their office. Do I see a difference? Well it's hard to pinpoint... As we all know, psoriasis is really a strange thing. My hands are ok, friends commented it looks better (than my worst flare), legs are worse off but I cover up with long pants.

Just an advise to all, don't think too much about it. Live with it as part of you, then you won't feel depressed and sad about it. I have it for 10 years now and I still was a pretty bride last weekend! :)

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I had initially thought you were married. Lucky man he is! :-)

    Do come back to the programme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats !
    guess we all just got to live with it ! anyway i am just want to know whether you experienced a 'Flare' and what is your remedy ?

    As for myself active with outdoor activities and last weekend exposed to sun and after that the itch with pin & needles around my forearms and neck.

    Any info would be helpful !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Pat,
    Congrats!
    Please do look up Transfer Factor. I have posted quite a detailed explanation on Anand's blog in the comments section of this post.

    http://anandpsoriasisjourney.blogspot.com/2010/03/new-stocknew-begining.html

    dp, for the flare, based on what I've seen on my boyfriend (the poor man is allergy to UV on his Pso areas). 3 things -- 1) Ziplock bag of frozen peas on affected area (wrap the bag with a hand towel so it doesn't wet the area too) 2) lots of rest 3) moisturise!!! (he uses Aquoues cream); you can also use Olivenol liquid to apply on affected area.

    Pat.. So far we are 85% free of Psoriasis, would love to speak to you & show you his progress. Do drop me an email
    mei.cee25 @ gmail.com Look up Mei Cee on Facebook =)

    -Mei Cee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear DP,

    Unfortunately I have no advise for flares, i just try to apply my Elomet ointment. Once it comes down, i don't apply.

    As for the sun, suncreen is VERY important! I realised i get burnt more easily these years. And the sun does cause flares so if you need outdoor fun, try to get all the sun before 10am or after 3pm when the sun is more forgiving.

    ReplyDelete