Tuesday, September 21, 2010

6 months Post Wedding

Hello everyone,

There were moments of ups and downs this past 6 months, and I got a massive wake up call about life and control. Despite being a deciplined and structured person most of my life, a lesson learnt recently taught me that some things are beyond my control, despite my deepest wants and prayers.

Family is a pillar of strength, without them I would not have been out of this situation so quickly. Thank you for all the love... (Those who don't know, appreciate if you don't ask me what happened.)

Now this is initially a blog about my skin so i SHOULD talk a little about it. *drumroll*...... My skin has cleared! 90%! I took some photos but can't find my cable to upload to the computer. Will try soon. Are your eyes perking up wondering what the great secret is?!


Here is the photo of clear skin!

If you have watched Kungfu Panda (which I did again for the 5th time 2 weeks back), you will remember this line "There is no secret to the secret ingredient soup. You just need to believe there is!"

So I have not been taking any supplements, did not go vegetarian and did not apply steroids cream. All I did was changed my shower gel from the pharmacy/supermarket-bought ones to a homemade preservative free bar of soap. It's less than RM15 and last me a month (depending on how often I bathed). Perhaps this is not the reason for the clearing up, perhaps almost hitting the big 3-0 and the hormones have changed? My husband thinks I'm less stress but I think that is not really true. Whatever it is, I BELIEVE the soap made a difference so fingers crossed that this will good skin will continue!

To all my psoriasis friends out there, keep the spirit up. Try not to let it bother you too much. If people stare at you when you scratch you scalp just tell them, "When you're hungry you eat, when it is itchy I scratch. It's human response".

In the mean time, despite putting on some weight the past few months, I will attempt to buy some shorts and flaunt my normal skin before it disappears. Made me realised that for the past 3 years I have been wearing only long pants to cover up. I can't find a decent pair of shorts in my cupboard.

Not knowing when I will write again, food for thought to all. Have you given some thoughts to what really makes you happy?

4 comments:

  1. Hi Pat,
    Glad to know that you see big improvement on PS. Happy for you. Congratulations on your big day too.
    If you don't mind, can you elobrate further on "homemade preservative free bar of soap? Where to get this stuff? Any particular brand? Do you see improvement on you scalp too?
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anand! Thanks for the note, sorry it took so long for a reply! Need to be honest, seems the bar of soap is not the cure-all. My skin is back to normal psoriasis state. Suggest for you to look for organic/chemical free soap as it is mild to our sensitive skin?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had great success controlling my psoriasis with diet. :) I'm not sure if you'd consider going gluten free, but you might want to!!
    Megan
    http://maidinak.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete