Wednesday, September 9, 2009

1 Step Forward, 2 Steps Back

I don't think i'm particularly stressed this week or so but my skin is getting worse, again. Have a look at the photo of my left leg. Skin feels red and dry, new spots are forming on my arms. My scalp is particularly itchy too. I have been using Sebitar, Polytar and Neutrogena Tar shampoo 1-2 times weekly (rotate with normal shampoo) over the years with no great improvement. Sigh... Psoriasis just go away! After 3 weeks of OLIVENOL 2ml twice daily, I've started on 2ml once daily since Monday.

6 comments:

  1. Do you think the change coincided with lowering of dosage?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reflect on your sleep/rest hours in the past few days. Has there been changes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. pls read these book -Healing Psoriasis, The Natural Alternative by Dr John O.A. Pagano & The Psoriasis Cure, A Drug-free guide to stopping & reversing the symptms of psoriasis by Lisa Levan... buy them via amazon.com ....

    ReplyDelete
  4. not sure if flare is due to reduction in dose. maybe i'm also a little troubled at work. my dermatologist once told me to take 6 months unpaid leave. being typical asians, how can we quit, not earn any money and enjoy a holiday?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Pat: Thank you for working to help people understand what it's like to live with psoriasis. If there's anything I can do to help, please feel free to give me a call at the National Psoriasis Foundation: 503-546-8413. My email is jprestonsmith@psoriasis.org.

    I can certainly provide a lot of info on the status of treatments and research, and I'm a pretty good listener, too.

    I'm reaching out to other bloggers as well. I believe that we all understand that we need more public awareness and commitment if we're going to effect a cure for psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis.

    Sincerely,
    Joel Preston Smith
    Public Relations Manager
    National Psoriasis Foundation
    www.psoriasis.org

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Joel,
    It's really a great honour to have you grace my blog. Thank you for the kind offer to be my ear. It certainly made my day!

    ReplyDelete